Two things I really love: video games and stories that vindicate misunderstood villains.
What do I mean by that? I mean stories like Wicked, where the Wicked Witch is actually just a victim of propaganda. Or Grosse Pointe Blank, where a hitman is actually just a guy trying to get by and find meaning in life. Or Unforgiven, where everyone thinks that Clint Eastwood is a total bad-ass, and he’s, well… a bad-ass. But a misunderstood one!
So when you combine these two loves, you might just get something like this:
I gotta say, I’m not really psyched on ANY movie this year. I’ll go and watch The Dark Knight Rises and all, but there’s honestly not a single movie that’s making me bounce off the walls… until I saw this trailer. Now I can’t wait for November!!!
And did you see all those cameos? There was Dr Robotnik, M Bison, Zangief, Koopa, the Pacman ghost, and a guy that’s most likely to be Kano from Mortal Kombat! THAT’S an all-star cast!
Are you guys psyched for Ghost Recon Future Soldier? This guy is so excited, he can’t even take a bath without thinking about GRFS!
If you’re not as psyched, then check out this awesome short film – it’ll change your mind.
Just when the Game of the Year couldn’t get any more “Game of the Yearier”, the Batman Arkham City DLC Harley Quinn comes out with a bang… and it looks really freakin’ awesome!
It’s not just a new character to whack people with now… there’s actual campaign gameplay with Batman and Robin beating the crap out of thugs with new moves! And how about those new batclaw takedowns?
And how about Harley’s new look?
Oh gawd why can’t I ever stop playing this game?
The only way this DLC could be more awesome, is if it came packaged with this cosplayer:
Sometimes you wonder why Joker’s so obsessed with Batman when Harley’s right there…
This is hilarious, because it’s so true!
Borderlands is a game about scoring loot. Lots and lots of it.
So it should be of no surprise then that the Limited Edition package of Borderlands 2, also known as the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition, comes with a crapload of stuff to be enjoyed both in-game and in real life. Just look at this stuff!
You’re going to have to steal a shopping trolley to bring all this stuff back home!
Here’s a list of what it has:
- A copy of the game (naturally)
- A Marcus Kincaid bobble-head
- A scaled replica of the red loot chest – which looks freakin’ amazing
- Steelbook case – nothing special these days
- A hardcover art book – which looks like some pretty high quality stuff (and I want this so bad!)
- Creatures of Pandora ID chart – maybe you can mount them on and put them on your wall
- Field notes from Sir Hammerlock – erm, yeah whatever
- Collector sticker set
- Digital comic download code
- Bonus downloadable in-game content
- Numbered certificate of authenticity – so you can get that same warm feeling when you buy a replica lightsaber or a limited edition Van Gogh painting (cos those are amazingly limited)
Borderlands 2 hits Singapore on September 21, 2012, and zero pricing or pre-order details are available yet.