Back in the day, nerds and geeks were just infinitely uncool. However, videogaming and comics have become so mainstream now that it’s quite okay to be a geek. Girls don’t mind dating geeks because it’s no longer so socially unacceptable, and it sure saves them a lot of money to have free tech support when their iPhone crashes.
But there will still be the geeks out there who still take geek culture a little bit too seriously, and go from being a little bit weird to being fucking messed up. These are the ones that nobody minds if they spend their entire life in a basement, playing World of Warcraft. These are the guys that are quite frankly, best left alone in said basement.
Don’t be this guy
How do you know when you’ve crossed the line from geeky to creepy? You might do some of the things below:
- After grouping with some girl in an MMO a couple of times and role-playing as brother and sister, you start telling everyone in real life that she really is your sister.
- Stalking people you meet in MMOs.
- Insisting that your friends and colleagues refer to you by your “cool” internet nickname, like MegaKill, CockFragger or Swordplay.
- You also have that nickname on your credit card.
- Reciting the creed of some fictional cult/superhero group/elite military unit before you go to bed at night.
- You cosplay as a character of opposite gender, and at conventions you allow yourself to get randomly groped by guys because “it’s in character”.
- Wearing a videogame or comic-related pendant around your neck because you honestly believe it gives you super-powers.
- You excessively play an MMO to the point where you eat and shit at your computer.
- Re-imagine yourself as being Japanese, and adopting a Japanese name for no apparent reason at all.
- Masturbating while cosplaying as a Japanese schoolgirl.
- Masturbating while cosplaying as a Japanese schoolgirl, while imagining that you’re being raped by demon tentacles.
- Speaking in a robot voice.
- Excessively modelling your behavior after the attributes of a organization from a videogame or comic.
- Getting unnecessarily offended and defensive when someone pokes fun at your videogame character.
- Going apeshit crazy when you are not picked as your favorite videogame’s biggest fan at a local contest, and then bitterly declaring that all the other contestants are “dishonorable pirates”.
- Communicating with your friends in a fanboy language, like Klingon, elvish, or Japanese.
- Insisting that your first date takes place in Blackrock Spire.
- When this video is your idea of true romance.
- Setting up an altar for your favorite videogame character and praying to it every day, with offerings and all.
- You’ve got an unhealthy obsession with My Little Pony.
And then there’s always this tell-tale video. If that’s you freaking out in the video, then you’re fucking creepy!
Okay this post is a bit late, but I had to send my brother to the airport last night so I was a bit too tired to post. Anyway, Halloween’s come and gone, so let’s just take a look at some Halloween hotties.
Yeah, there are plenty more pictures like this on the Internet and this is just a handful, but like I said, I’m too tired to post.
The Slave Leia outfit never gets old
And it case it does, there’s always ways to spice it back up
Beep beep boop boop
Token non-Star Wars picture
That Asian chick sure drummed up a lot of attention in Reddit.
Scary thing is… I can’t tell if they’re girls or that guy from Silence of the Lambs
I love zombie movies. My wife Jo loves Jane Austen. Put them together, and you’ve got something pretty special. So last year some dude named Seth Grahame-Smith write this book called Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Basically, it was a re-telling of the classic Jane Austen tale, except that in this particular timeline, zombies are rising all over England and Elizabeth Bennet was a warrior-lady who can cut down zombies without blinking. Full of win? Indeed it was.
Much to Mr Darcy's delight, Elizabeth was very flexible
So much full of win that a graphic novel was then put together. It was the graphic novel that my wife and I found at the book store, so that was what we read. Now I never read the original Pride and Prejudice because that book was thick enough to stop bullets, but I sure as hell can read a graphic novel, because pretty pictures pwn. And it was crazy funny, and the artwork by Cliff Richards (not the singing dude) was really good (though it was a bit of a shame that all the Bennet sisters kinda look alike, but then again you can say the same about Andy Kubert’s artwork circa X-men (If it wasn’t for the hair, could you really tell Rogue and Storm apart?).
That outfit is reminiscent of Mature from King of Fighters
Well I guess my wife and I aren’t the only ones who totally dig this concept, because lo and behold, the book is now being made into a movie, produced and starring Natalie Portman. I can imagine that I’m not the only guy who will be clamoring to see Natalie Portman slay some zombies. There’s also a videogame on the iPhone based on the property. It’s a side-scrolling beat ’em up, and I haven’t played it or anything, but I read moderately positive feedback for it.
Slice like a ninja, cut like Victorian wit
Anyway, do check out the comic if you can. It’s hilarious!
It’s been a long time since we’ve featured a babe here on Revo. And well, since it’s been long, let’s all make up for it. And since our love for the metal covered bikini from Return Of The Jedi is well documented, not many words are necessary here except for… METAL. BIKINI.
Yvonne Strahovski versus Kristen Bell. Both are beloved babes here at Revo for their undeniable geek cred… so what gives? I must say I like the idea of a blonde Leia. I do. Who do you think looks hotter in a metal bikini? Comment below!
Back in the day, my BFF Aaron and I were living the student life in an apartment in Sydney. After getting a TV and an Xbox, he was too broke to buy a table to put them on. So instead of putting them on the floor and then crimping his neck to play Halo and watch movies, we took my skateboard out and borrowed a whole bunch of leftover telephone books that the people in our apartment block didn’t want. I have to stress that these books have been there for half a year, and nobody could be bothered picking them up.
A skateboard trolley
So we transported about 48 telephone books from the mailroom back to our apartment (took a couple of trips) and stacked them up in his room to make an instant TV table! Later on, he put a cloth over the stack to make it more presentable, but this is what it looked like that first night.
48 telephone books = instant TV table
And yes, that is a totally awesome parakeet named Drakey sitting on top of that sai. She used to sing along to Marilyn Manson and Korn.
I’m too swamped with work to write something today, so here’s a video that Madhattersings found. 16 bit graphics and sound are so awesome!
When a guy goes to get his car washed by a bunch of girls in soapy bikinis, that’s sleazy.
But when a guy gets his car washed by a bunch of girls in soapy Slave Leia metal bikinis, then that’s awesome.
How come they don’t have fundraisers like this around here? It’s a Star Wars fan’s wet dream! Geddit, wet dream? Shit… bad pun…